15 Excuses For Not Praying (or having a quiet time)
Good to read one at a time by several students on stage, like a goofy skit.
- What? I can't miss (latest popular tv show) now! I'm too into it!
- I haven’t seen the latest episode of “Survivor 41,” either.
- I need to spend more time with my family...yah, that's it...my family.
- I feel overweight...I need to exercise to burn off those calories I consumed today.
- I’m too sleepy in the morning to read my Bible.
- I’m too sleepy at night to read the Bible.
- I’ve already been to church this week. Isn’t that enough time for God?
- This Physics textbook is so exciting...I’ll start having quiet times more regularly after I finish it.
- I have way too much homework.
- My “It’s-All-About-Me” and “Studmuffin Today” magazines came in the mail, and I’ll waste away if I don’t read them tonight!
- I’ve got so much to do around the house. I have to clean my room, walk the dog, scoop its poop, change the litter box, pick on my little brother.....
- I just don’t feel like spending time with the Lord.
- I have to go to work after school. By the time I get home, I’m too fried to spend time with God.
- It doesn’t really hurt me to skip my quiet time today, does it?
- It doesn’t hurt to go a week without a quiet time, does it?
Seven days without prayer makes one weak.
By David Boehi (revised by Danette Matty)