A scavenger hunt where each team has a video camera and they have a list of items to get footage of.
Here would be an example of a list:
ANOTHER VIDEO HUNT LIST!
VIDEO HUNT LIST
(ALL VIDEOTAPED ITEMS MUST BE IN ENOUGH LIGHT TO BE CLEARLY SEEN!!!)
Mandatory Category (Must have all of these to qualify for prize!)
- A creative introduction to that particular team's video
- 3 team members being pushed in a shopping cart
- A team member spontaneously interviewing 3 strangers: ask "what is your conception of God or what is God like?"
- Someone in group chugging an entire can of Pepsi and belching
- Team hanging upside down singing the "Pledge of Allegiance" to the tune of "Gilligan's Island"
1000 point items
- Team member hugging a stranger
- Lady scolding child
- A guy coming out of the girl's bathroom
- A grocery clerk singing a recognizable song
- Two teenager's kissing
- Someone ordering a cheeseburger without any cheese
- Lady walking her dog
- Fitting your entire team on one tree
1500 point items
- Person peeling out in a car (team vehicles not included)
- A fireman in uniform
- Someone (other than a team member) buying "Depends"
- Someone making a citizen's arrest
- Little kid singing Mary had a little lamb
- Someone giving a stranger a noogie
- Team member hugging a gas station attendent
3000 point items
- A dog relieving himself on a fire hydrant
- A traffic accident
- Old lady on the ground yelling "I've fallen and I can't get up"
A police car (other than the one at the traffic accident) with its siren on (not lights, siren)
- Someone crawling out of a manhole
- Entire team coming out of a VW bug
25,000 point item
Video of a 300 pound Rottweiler eating an entire Carl's Jr. salad bar
500,000 point item
Video of entire team hovering over Arco Arena, balancing a stack of 7 baseballs on their noses and reciting "Hamlet" backwards
Ideas by Jessica Sundholm
Mandatory Category (Must have all of these to qualify for prize!
EVEN ANOTHER VIDEO SCAVENGER HUNT LIST!
- Video of... Everybody 'searching' frantically on the ground for a contact lens
- Making a commercial in front of your local Block Buster
- Fitting your entire team on one tree
- Your entire team in a new Volkswagon bug
- Going to the mall and making a human pyramid
Worth 3000 points
- Someone on your team on a lot pretending to be a used car salesman
- Fitting the entire team in a telephone booth
Worth 5000 points
- Singing to a waitress at a busy resturaunt (either to be sung by a representative or the whole group)
- Going into a grocery and asking where the hemorroid meds is (you could substitute that for diarrhea meds)
- Going through the Burger King Drive-Thru in a shopping cart
- Getting a guy to try on a dress
(for a church youth group)
Added by Jennifer P.
EVEN ONE MORE (IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT!) VIDEO SCAVENGER HUNT LIST:
- Girl in a real bridal gown, guy in suit being "married" by a real minister. (15)
- A member of your group in a church member's bathtub serenading a rubber duck with "Rubber Ducky You're the One" (10)
- Everyone in group with umbrella singing "Singing in the Rain"-- there must be dancing-- outside of a movie theater. (10)
- Your group on the Sidewalk at a business that is open playing "Duck, Duck, goose" (10)
- Group member in grocery cart sucking on a baby bottle while pushing a cart (15)
- Group walking through Kentucky Fried Chicken flapping their wings bucking like a chicken(15)
- Go Christmas caroling to pastor's house. Sing LOUDLY! (15) If they sing with you (+10), if they dance with you (+15)
- Your group in costume "trick-or-treating" at a stranger's house (15)(Seasonal)
- Your group T-Ping a youth group member's car (10) If you do your youth minister's car (-100)
- A member of your group handcuffed to a police officer. (20) If you give him/her a doughnut (+15)
- Get two total strangers to sing and do the motions to YMCA with your entire group. (10)
- A member of your group sitting in the driver's seat of a fire engine, making siren noises.(20)
- Your group buying $.10 of gas, receipt and pump must show amount. (10)
- A member leading another member on a leash through a pet store. (10)
- Two group members hanging upside down on monkey bars making "monkey sounds".(10) if you eat a banana too (+10)
- Everyone roasting a marshmellow over a fire and eating it. (15)
- Get a deacon to sing "I'm a Little Teapot" with the motions. (15)
- Your group in Walmart holding a pack of hotdogs singing "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner" (10)
- Group member sitting on the lap of a public statue. (10)
- If you film the outside of the youth minister's door at his/her home. (10)
- Your group standing around a Christmas tree singing "O Christmas Tree."(Seasonal) (10)
- A group member doing a lap in a pool. (Seasonal)(15)
- Your entire group sitting together in a VW bug. (20) if it is an "old school" bug (+10).
By Marilyn Heminger
For 50 points each:
Video of someone in your group:
For 100 points each:
- Doing a cartwheel
- Hanging upside down singing the song "I believe I can fly"
- Pick a house and do a sales promo of lifestyles of the rich and famous
- Sing the National Anthem at a baseball diamond
- Chugging a soda and belching
- Make a Christian symbol in the grass using your bodies
- A member leading another member on a leash through a pet store
- A member from the group with an umbrella singing "Singing in the Rain" outside of a movie theater (you must dance too)
- Going through the Burger King Drive-Thru with one person carrying another piggyback. You can make car sounds if you want. (Don't forget to order something even if it's just a soda)
- Make a commercial in front of your local Block Buster (*video has to be done outside, you can't go it the store with the cam)
- Find a junk car and be a used car salesman
- Have a member of your group sitting in the driver's seat of a fire engine making siren noises
- Everyone in your group standing outside the Wal-Mart entrance singing a Christmas Carol and welcoming people to Wal-Mart
For 200 points each:
- Get an autograph of a fireman and ask if he's ever seen "101 Dalmatians"
- At Dairy Queen, someone from your group dropping sprinkles in his or her hair singing "I feel pretty"
- A small child singing "Mary had a little lamb"
- Help a stranger fold their laundry at a Laundromat
- Get two total strangers to sing and do the motions to YMCA with your entire group
- Pump gas for a stranger at a gas station
For 25 points each (Put in your sack)
- Get a policeman in uniform to sing the theme to COPS, "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do"
- Get a different policeman in uniform (not the same one) and have someone from your group lie down and have the policeman draw a chalk line around them
- Going into clothing store picking out a dress or skirt and asking a salesperson where the dressing rooms are.(Extra 50 points if you come out wearing it)...Oh and this has to be a guy!
- Chop Sticks
- To-Go Box
- Wendy's Jr.Frosty Cup
- Chicken Bone
- Pack of Ketchup
- Coffee Stirer
- Sugar Packet
- Pack of Hot Sauce
- Coffee Creamer
- Salt Packet