||Jonathan's Resource Ezine
Weekly Resources, Ideas and Articles from The Source for Youth Ministry
Tuesday, January 3, 2006
If you aren't a subscriber of this EZINE and would like to subscribe - it's free -
just pop on www.TheSource4YM.com and sign
up in the upper right hand corner.
Jonathan's Top 10 New Years Resolutions... That You Won't See on Most People's Lists
by Jonathan McKee
January 3, 2006
It's another New Year. Forget weight loss; forget
resolutions that only last a week or so. Here's my top 10 New Year's Resolutions! Usually I don't
send out stuff that is gender specific, but I figured it would be o.k. just this once to send this
one to the guys out there. If you're a 30 something guy who is married with kids, like me, these
might be worth trying!
by Jonathan McKee
- Forget dieting... eat more donuts! Especially those Krispy Kremes when they're coming right off the conveyor belt. They taste good. Why miss out!
- Buy a cowboy hat and wear it for an entire day. (Those of you in Texas... borrow a flight helmet and wear it for the day.)
- Throw your wife a surprise half-birthday party exactly six months from her birthday-invite all her friends!
- Go to a movie and pay for the couple in line behind you!
- Shave your head completely bald and get a fake tattoo... just to see what you would look like.
- Pick up your kids from school at noon someday with no warning and take them out of town to a nice hotel resort for one night. (Or if the budget it tight, make it the nearest EconoLodge with cable and a pool!)
- Take your wife on a motorcycle ride! Drive fast so she has to hold on tight!
- Help your kids plan a birthday party for your dog! Give your dog a place at the table.
- Buy your wife some really sexy underwear! (Stop fretting... it's not a sin. You're supposed to do that!)
- Order pizza with your wife at midnight some random night, eating it in bed while watching her favorite movie!
Something You Can Use for the New Year: A link to FREE ideas on our web site for this New Year
Our last EZINE included a listing of a bunch of the
Christmas ideas available on our web site. Some of you are now looking for ideas to kick off the
Every New Year around this time I receive emails asking me, "Do you have any creative
discussions or video clips to kick off the New Year?"
You're in luck! We have discussions and video clip ideas that are perfect for "New Years"
discussions or talks. Find ideas to talk about the future, forgetting the past, our purpose,
priorities, leaving a legacy... and more!
Check em' out!
ALL THESE FREE IDEAS AND MORE ON
Looking for a Speaker: Take a peek at Jonathan and some of the other speakers from The Source Speakers Network
Looking for a Speaker?
In addition to all the free resources on our website, we like to provide you with
recommendations of some budget items, like dynamic speakers that are worth booking for your
upcoming camps, events, and retreats.
CLICK HERE TO SEE
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT JONATHAN MCKEE!
OR FOR SMALLER GROUPS CLICK HERE TO LOOK AT
THE SOURCE "AFFORDABLE" SPEAKERS NETWORK!
Free Bibles with Any Book Order: Looking for gifts for your volunteers? Save $10 on any six pack of Jonathan's books and receive a free Bible for every book you order!
HAVE YOU HEARD
ARE SAYING ABOUT
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THESE GREAT RESOURCES FOR ANY
YOUTH WORKER, VOLUNTEER OR PAID!
And you know how much we love to give things away... so we're giving
away new Bibles with every purchase-the "How to Find God" NLT New Believers Bible from the best
place to order Bibles online: Bibles at Cost. We'll give you one of these Bibles for each book
you order. If you order 2 six packs... then you get 12 free Bibles. If you order 2 books, you
get 2 free Bibles.
CLICK HERE TO ORDER THESE BOOKS
AND GET THESE FREE BIBLES
"Bibles at Cost" offers these Bibles and more for prices you just can't beat. These Bibles retail
for $7.99 each, but Bibles at Cost sells them for just $2.39 each or by the caselot. If you ever
want to order Bibles, just check out www.Biblesatcost.com
Jonathan's Resource Ezine from The Source
Delivered free via e-mail to subscribers each week. We encourage you to distribute this
newsletter freely and ask only that you not change its contents.
HAVE YOU MISSED PAST "EZINE" ARTICLES?
CLICK HERE FOR JONATHAN'S "EZINE" ARCHIVES
And for more FREE resources and ideas ... go to THE SOURCE
Copyright ?2006 The Source for Youth Ministry
All rights reserved.