||Jonathan's Resource Ezine
Weekly Resources, Ideas and Articles from The Source for Youth Ministry
Tuesday, December 10, 2002
If you aren't a subscriber of this EZINE and would like to subscribe - it's free -
just pop on www.TheSource4YM.com and sign
up in the upper right hand corner.
THE HUMAN CHRISTMAS TREE And More Christmas Games
by Jonathan McKee
December 10, 2002
December's already here- here's some quick games in the spirit of the season!
The Human Christmas Tree:
You can play this as an up front game or, if you have a small group, just divide your group into teams. Have as many teams of 3 or 4 as you want. Designate one person "the Christmas tree," and the other team members "the decorators." Each decorator has a bag full of ornaments, lights, and/or any tree decorations. Give each team 5 minutes to decorate their team member. When finished, turn off all the lights and plug in the "Christmas Trees." The student lights up like a tree. It's hilarious in a dark room.
Added by Blaine
FIND MORE CHRISTMAS GAMES ALL OVER OUR GAME PAGES. TRY OUR ANYWHERE GAMES PAGE: http://www.thesource4ym.com/games/anywhere.asp AND SCROLL DOWN ALPHABETICALLY FOR:
- Build Your Own Snowman
- Christmas Quiz
- Elf Defense
- Human Snowball
- Melt That Ice-cube Mixer
- Song Endurance
NEXT WEEK - MORE CHRISTMAS GAMES! SEND IN YOUR BEST- MAYBE WE'LL POST YOURS: email@example.com
TOP 10 SIGNS THAT YOUR PASTOR'S WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH STAR WARS
by Jonathan McKee
December 10, 2002
Every once in a while we just like to have a little fun . . . and one way we do that is through our Top 10 Lists. Here's my most recent list, the "Top 10 Signs That Your Pastor's Watching Way Too Much Star Wars." - Jonathan -
10. He brags that the church van "did the Kessel run in three parceps!"
Use the following link if you want to see the collection of rejects that didn't make this list. . . if you get these you are truly a film geek! http://www.thesource4ym.com/starwars.asp
9. He ordered small brown hooded robes for the children's choir.
8. When he's working in his office he posts a sign on the door, "Le Jabba no botha."
7. Last time a Jehovah's Witness came to his door he retorted, "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
6. When his secretary calls him on his intercom, he demands being addressed as "Red-5."
5. You catch him talking to his garbage can saying, "I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."
4. He tells you that the jr. high room smells like bantha poodoo.
3. When the children's director shares her fear of recruiting teachers, he responds "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
2. When he's late for a board meeting he says, "When 900 years you reach, see how on-time you will be!"
. . . and the #1 sign that your pastor is watching way too much of the Star Wars Movies . . .
1. He tried to sneak an Ewok into the manger scene in the Christmas program.
HAVE YOU SEEN PAST TOP 10 LISTS FROM JONATHAN? HERE'S A FEW:
Top 10 Signs that You Grew Up in the 80's &
Top 10 Signs that You Grew Up in the Church in the 80's: http://www.thesource4ym.com/archives/archivestore/2001/arc20010328.aspx
Top Ten Gifts Your WIVES DON'T want for Christmas &
Top Ten Gifts Your HUSBANDS DON'T want for Christmas: http://www.thesource4ym.com/archives/archivestore/2000/arc20001219.aspx
Top Ten Signs That Your Youth Leader Has Been Watching Too Many Reruns of Starsky and Hutch: http://www.thesource4ym.com/archives/archivestore/2000/arc20000830.aspx
Top Ten Ways That Jr. High Youth Workers Are Just Like Jr. Highers &
Top 10 Ways Jr. High Youth Workers and Jr. Highers are Actually Different:
BOUGHT A GIFT FOR YOUR STAFF OR VOLUNTEERS YET?
HAVE YOU BOUGHT A GIFT FOR YOUR MINISTRY STAFF OR VOLUNTEERS?
During the holidays we have FREE U.S. shipping (book rate) on all book orders. Even better, get FREE shipping AND save an extra $10 when you order the 6-Pack of the TOP 12 RESOURCES YOUTH WORKERS WANT.
FREE shipping . . . $10 bucks off . . . take advantage of this now: http://www.thesource4ym.comhttp://www.jonathansresources.com/Books/default.aspx
Note: Order this week so it can arrive before Christmas!
Thanks for being an EZINE subscriber. Enjoy the free resource . . . and you know where to find even more free resources at www.TheSourceForYouthMinistry.com
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
If you have any other youth ministry ideas you want to share, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a speaker for your next camp or retreat?
Check out Jonathan's speaker page and who's recommending him!
Jonathan R. McKee
for Youth Ministry