||Jonathan's Resource Ezine
Weekly Resources, Ideas and Articles from The Source for Youth Ministry
Wednesday, August 30, 2000
If you aren't a subscriber of this EZINE and would like to subscribe - it's free -
just pop on www.TheSource4YM.com and sign
up in the upper right hand corner.
Top Ten Signs That Your Youth Leader Has Been Watching Too Many Reruns of Starsky and Hutch
by Jonathan McKee
August 30, 2000
1. He jumps out of his office window to the hood of his car every time he leaves.
2. He keeps calling the guy at the church information desk "Huggy Bear."
3. He traded in his Honda Civic for a red Ford Grand Torino.
4. His Sunday apparel has switched from Jeans and a polo to bell bottoms and a polyester shirt with a butterfly collar.
5. He actually likes it when his Senior Pastor yells at him.
6. He cut his own brake lines on the way home from the snow trip to see if he could navigate down the hill safely!
7. He keeps proposing to the board to hire him a partner!
8. He celebrated for a week solid when side burns came back in style!
9. He always wears tennis shoes to church just in case he gets in a foot chase!
10. He redid his living room in dark wood paneling and earth-tone nogahide bean bag chairs.
Last week on a speaking/training trip, I got to see an old episode of Starsky and Hutch on cable. It brought back memories of my brother and I sneaking to watch it when we were kids! (We weren't allowed to watch it) Anyway, I was inspired to write the above top 10 list.
GET THE BRAND NEW BOOK THAT PEOPLE ARE CALLING "JONATHAN'S BEST EVER WRITTEN"
click here for more