||Jonathan's Resource Ezine
Weekly Resources, Ideas and Articles from The Source for Youth Ministry
Tuesday, August 16, 2000
If you aren't a subscriber of this EZINE and would like to subscribe - it's free -
just pop on www.TheSource4YM.com and sign
up in the upper right hand corner.
Top Ten List
Ways That Jr. High Youth Workers Are Just Like Jr. Highers
by Jonathan McKee
August 16, 2000
Let's face it- jr. highers and jr. high youth workers aren't much different! How so? Let's look at the top 10 similarities:
10. Both have a steady diet of pizza and soft drinks ("pop" for all you in the Great Lakes area!)
9. Both think belching is fun!
8. Both have been kicked out of major amusement parks for attacking the costumed cartoon characters!
7. Both will stand in line for hours just to get into the front row of a concert!
6. Neither should be permitted behind the wheel of a moving vehicle!
5. Both have more energy released in one hour than the average person in one day!
4. Neither pays attention to rules (rules don't apply to them!)
3. Neither claim to require more than 3 hours of sleep a night!
2. Both invest a large percentage of their income on toilet paper for T.P.ing!
1. Both think they're funnier than they actually are!
Top 10 Ways Jr. High Youth Workers and Jr. Highers are Actually Different!
10. Jr. Highers don't gain 12 to 15 pounds a year around their waist from a steady diet of pizza and soft drinks!
9. Youth workers wear pants that are actually the correct size!
8. Jr. Highers don't have to ice their back for three days after the annual water ski trip!
7. Jr. Highers don't get into trouble as often!
6. Jr. Highers STILL think belching is funny after consecutively belching for 3 hours and 46 minutes in a crowded vehicle on the way to camp!
5. Youth workers don't have to suddenly go to the bathroom with all their friends in the middle of the pastor's message!
4. Youth workers don't own a "N-SYNC" CD
3. Youth workers at least shower a couple times a week!
2. Youth workers don't change their outfit six times in one day at youth camp!
1. Youth workers can sit still for at least 5 minutes!
GET THE BRAND NEW BOOK THAT PEOPLE ARE CALLING "JONATHAN'S BEST EVER WRITTEN"
click here for more