Games & Icebreakers
It's similar to $1000 Bill Exchange (Click Here). Seat the group in a circle, giving a penny to each person. A jackpot of extra pennies is created before the game.
The goal is for students to win as many pennies as possible from their peers by challenging them one on one doing one of three things:
1. Thumb wrestling (10 second time limit)
2. Rock, paper, scissors
3. Flipping a coin
- Each person in the circle is given a turn to be the challenger. The person may challenge anyone they choose.
- You must accept any challenge.
- Sudden death, no two out of three.
- Challenger has to have a coin and is "heads" on the coin toss.
- If the challenge is Thumb Wrestling or Rock, Paper, Scissors, the challenger may declare, “Jackpot!” prior to the challenge. If the challenger wins, he/she receives the opponent’s penny in addition to all the pennies in the jackpot. If the challenger loses, the opponent receives the challenger’s penny in addition to all the pennies in the jackpot. If they tie, both the challenger and the opponent must place their pennies in the jackpot.
Added by Cory Goode
Also see Penny on the Chin Mixer (Click Here).