Games & Icebreakers
It's A Numbers Thing
This is a great game for the entire audience. Even though it’s a competition between the boys and girls in your group, you don’t have to divide up your audience.
The leader’s task is to just stand up front on the stage and ask questions, one at a time. Each of the questions has to do with numbers. If a student thinks they know the answer, they must run up to the stage. If they arrive behind another student, they must stand behind them (and hope that person misses the question so he/she gets a stab at it). The first person to give the correct answer scores a point for their gender.
Students can answer as many times as they like but have to go to the back of the line if they answer incorrectly. This is a race to 7; first gender to answer 7 questions correctly wins a prize for all the boys or girls in the room.
1. On average, how many million miles away is the sun from the earth? (93)
2. An adult human who hasn’t lost a tooth will have how many in their mouth? (32)
3. How many sides does a dodecagon have? (12)
4. How many feet are in a mile? (5280)
5. How many years old am I (the youth pastor asking the questions)?
6. If you include end zones, how long is a football field in feet? (360)
7. In thousands of feet, how tall is Mt. Everest? (29)
8. How many red and white stripes are there on the US flag? (13)
9. How many amendments to the US constitution are there? (27)
10. Barrack Obama is what number President of the US? (44th)
11. How many legs does an arachnid have? (8)
12. What is the square root of 361? (19)
13. According to the book of Genesis, how many days did it take God to create the world and everything in it? (6 – He rested on the 7th)
14. How many Senators are there in the US congress? (100)
15. How many ounces are in a gallon? (128)
Prizes will probably be based on your student size and budget. If you have a small crowd, you can pass out gift cards. If you have a larger group, you might have to go with ice cream bars or something like it.
Idea by Dan M.
GET THE BRAND NEW BOOK THAT PEOPLE ARE CALLING "JONATHAN'S BEST EVER WRITTEN"
click here for more